UK Parliament overwhelmingly passes gay ‘marriage’ bill
The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children, one of the leaders in the fight to defend marriage, told LSN today that the fight is not over, and that those involved in the fight for marriage are continuing to rally support at the grassroots. SPUC commended the pro-family MPs who opposed the bill, who came largely from the government’s own backbench MPs.
In today’s 6-hour debate, Tory MP Roger Gale summed up the position of those opposed to the change, saying it had nothing to do with “equality” but with the objective reality of marriage.
“It is not possible to redefine marriage,” Gale said. “Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, has been historically, remains so. It is Alice in Wonderland territory, Orwellian almost, for any Government of any political persuasion to seek to come along and try to re-write the lexicon. It will not do.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- My Own Life: Oliver Sacks on Learning He Has Terminal Cancer
- At terror confab, Obama SPOX calls out “Christian militants”
- How to Make a Church Even Less Relevant
- Stephen Sizer Gets Whacked
- [CofE] BREAKING: The Southwark Declaration
- Are You Willing to be Chipped?
- [CofE] A Storm is Brewing in Southwark Diocese
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.