UK Parliament overwhelmingly passes gay ‘marriage’ bill
The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children, one of the leaders in the fight to defend marriage, told LSN today that the fight is not over, and that those involved in the fight for marriage are continuing to rally support at the grassroots. SPUC commended the pro-family MPs who opposed the bill, who came largely from the government’s own backbench MPs.
In today’s 6-hour debate, Tory MP Roger Gale summed up the position of those opposed to the change, saying it had nothing to do with “equality” but with the objective reality of marriage.
“It is not possible to redefine marriage,” Gale said. “Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, has been historically, remains so. It is Alice in Wonderland territory, Orwellian almost, for any Government of any political persuasion to seek to come along and try to re-write the lexicon. It will not do.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Oz] New Diocese of Gippsland Appointment Raises Fresh Concerns
- Trigger Warnings Are For Liberals Only
- Canada Headed Over Cliff
- Barbarians Who Practice Religion of Peace Behead 82-Year Old Archaeologist
- Killing Christians to Fund Terror
- BIshop Bruno Forces Pregnant Women and Children to Worship Outdoors in Summer Heat
- NH Politicians Defund Planned Parenthood but Fund Abortion
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.