DioMS: Ban on Same-Sex Blessings Still in Place, Unless You Want to Do Same-Sex Blessings
Get this: The Diocese of Mississippi, whose bishop authorized same-sex blessings in his diocesan address of last Friday, is reminding folks:
While a general ban on the blessing of same gender unions remains in place, he will allow congregations which self-select and undergo a thorough process to move toward blessings of same gender unions.
On another note, I love the headline of the press release: “Bishop Gray calls for election of successor.” Gee, Scott, I’d think you could have at least mentioned “...And Reverses Church Teaching on Christian Marriage with Stroke of Pen.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- ECUSA and Freedom of Association: a Showdown Is Due
- BREAKING: Fort Worth Wins Big
- Nobody wants to be a loser
- SC Judge Makes Short Shrift of ECUSA’s Motion
- Quincy Court to TEC: “Plaintiffs Won—Quit Your Bad-Faith Maneuvers ... Now!”
- Fort Worth Case Argued before Judge Chupp
- Not a Joke: LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.