DioMS: Ban on Same-Sex Blessings Still in Place, Unless You Want to Do Same-Sex Blessings
Get this: The Diocese of Mississippi, whose bishop authorized same-sex blessings in his diocesan address of last Friday, is reminding folks:
While a general ban on the blessing of same gender unions remains in place, he will allow congregations which self-select and undergo a thorough process to move toward blessings of same gender unions.
On another note, I love the headline of the press release: “Bishop Gray calls for election of successor.” Gee, Scott, I’d think you could have at least mentioned “...And Reverses Church Teaching on Christian Marriage with Stroke of Pen.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Global South Day 2 - Carthage and the Valley of Dry Bones
- New Zealand FCA make Submission to Same-Sex Blessing Working Group
- Guessing Game
- Never Mind
- And Don’t Call Me Shirley (Unless I Demand It)
- Bishop Bruno, the Consummate Hypocrite
- Plebiscites, Popular Votes, Principles, Presumptions and Pragmatics
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.