DioMS: Ban on Same-Sex Blessings Still in Place, Unless You Want to Do Same-Sex Blessings
Get this: The Diocese of Mississippi, whose bishop authorized same-sex blessings in his diocesan address of last Friday, is reminding folks:
While a general ban on the blessing of same gender unions remains in place, he will allow congregations which self-select and undergo a thorough process to move toward blessings of same gender unions.
On another note, I love the headline of the press release: “Bishop Gray calls for election of successor.” Gee, Scott, I’d think you could have at least mentioned “...And Reverses Church Teaching on Christian Marriage with Stroke of Pen.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Is Obama Warning Christians GLBT “Rights” Outweigh Religious Freedom
- Blatant Bias on Display in ECUSA’s South Carolina Case
- On the Oral Arguments Yesterday in South Carolina
- Important Developments in South Carolina
- Primates’ Meeting: It Still All Comes Down to What Welby Will Do
- GAFCON responds to the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Invitation
- Former Bishop of Maryland, Heather Cook, Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter and Drunk Driving
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.