DioMS: Ban on Same-Sex Blessings Still in Place, Unless You Want to Do Same-Sex Blessings
Get this: The Diocese of Mississippi, whose bishop authorized same-sex blessings in his diocesan address of last Friday, is reminding folks:
While a general ban on the blessing of same gender unions remains in place, he will allow congregations which self-select and undergo a thorough process to move toward blessings of same gender unions.
On another note, I love the headline of the press release: “Bishop Gray calls for election of successor.” Gee, Scott, I’d think you could have at least mentioned “...And Reverses Church Teaching on Christian Marriage with Stroke of Pen.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Ireland the Latest Domino to Fall
- Latest on Gay Propaganda and Its Effect
- Failure of TEC LGBT Strategy in One Easy Blog
- Statement of St. James’ (Anglican) Rector on TEC Fire Sale
- TEC to sell off another church it “won”
- Bishop Brewer Bends the Knee
- Would You Baptize the Adopted Child of a Same Sex Couple?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.