DioMS: Ban on Same-Sex Blessings Still in Place, Unless You Want to Do Same-Sex Blessings
Get this: The Diocese of Mississippi, whose bishop authorized same-sex blessings in his diocesan address of last Friday, is reminding folks:
While a general ban on the blessing of same gender unions remains in place, he will allow congregations which self-select and undergo a thorough process to move toward blessings of same gender unions.
On another note, I love the headline of the press release: “Bishop Gray calls for election of successor.” Gee, Scott, I’d think you could have at least mentioned “...And Reverses Church Teaching on Christian Marriage with Stroke of Pen.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina Resolution: Response to Offer of Provisional Primatial Oversight
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- Exclusive: Bishop Iker on the Anglo-Catholic/Evangelical Divide
- Arkansas Church Kicks Out Transgender Priest, Republishes Statement on Welcoming and Inclusion
- Arkansas: Benfield Removes Transgender Priest from Pine Bluff Church
- Greg Fry is Now Gwen Fry
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.