DioMS: Ban on Same-Sex Blessings Still in Place, Unless You Want to Do Same-Sex Blessings
Get this: The Diocese of Mississippi, whose bishop authorized same-sex blessings in his diocesan address of last Friday, is reminding folks:
While a general ban on the blessing of same gender unions remains in place, he will allow congregations which self-select and undergo a thorough process to move toward blessings of same gender unions.
On another note, I love the headline of the press release: “Bishop Gray calls for election of successor.” Gee, Scott, I’d think you could have at least mentioned “...And Reverses Church Teaching on Christian Marriage with Stroke of Pen.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Mere Anglicanism 2015: a Report (I)
- [OPEN THREAD] PB, Episcopal bishops offer support to President’s Immigration Executive Action
- Bishop Cook posts $2.5M bond, released from jail
- Maryland Priest Pens Letter to Parish about Heather Cook
- Heather Cook Remains Imprisoned; Judge Refuses to Lower $2.5M Bail
- Heather Cook to Be Charged with Manslaughter, DUI, Other Crimes in Death of Cyclist
- United Methodists Let Bishop Off Hook
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.