DioMS: Ban on Same-Sex Blessings Still in Place, Unless You Want to Do Same-Sex Blessings
Get this: The Diocese of Mississippi, whose bishop authorized same-sex blessings in his diocesan address of last Friday, is reminding folks:
While a general ban on the blessing of same gender unions remains in place, he will allow congregations which self-select and undergo a thorough process to move toward blessings of same gender unions.
On another note, I love the headline of the press release: “Bishop Gray calls for election of successor.” Gee, Scott, I’d think you could have at least mentioned “...And Reverses Church Teaching on Christian Marriage with Stroke of Pen.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Gay Rights Brownshirts Cleansing the Coasts
- An Easter Message From Bishop Mark Lawrence
- Texas Supreme Court Denies ECUSA’s Motion for Stay / Recall
- Archbishop Welby Struggles with a Greater Truth
- Zombie Activism
- South Carolina Supreme Court Takes Jurisdiction of Appeals
- Watch out What You Ask for: CA Judge Puts Cloud on all ECUSA Parish Property Sales
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.