DioMS: Ban on Same-Sex Blessings Still in Place, Unless You Want to Do Same-Sex Blessings
Get this: The Diocese of Mississippi, whose bishop authorized same-sex blessings in his diocesan address of last Friday, is reminding folks:
While a general ban on the blessing of same gender unions remains in place, he will allow congregations which self-select and undergo a thorough process to move toward blessings of same gender unions.
On another note, I love the headline of the press release: “Bishop Gray calls for election of successor.” Gee, Scott, I’d think you could have at least mentioned “...And Reverses Church Teaching on Christian Marriage with Stroke of Pen.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- The Unraveling of the Anglican Communion
- Why Bishop Martins Is Not Going to the HOB Meeting in Taiwan
- ECSUA Rump Diocese in Ft. Worth Officially Embraces the Culture
- Jesus Became Michael Brown
- Same Sex Marriage Comes to Falls Church
- Presiding Bishop Rules out Settlement; San Joaquin to Appeal
- The Death of Voltaire. But don’t you dare talk about it.
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.