Don’t Go Away Mad…
Anglican Christians (as opposed, say, to the people running the Episcopal Church) breathed a sign of relief yesterday. Some bloggers, on the other hand, regret that they will no longer have Giles Fraser to kick around any more:
I HAVE written this column for nine years. It is time for me to hang up my hat. It has been a huge privilege to write in these pages, and I want publicly to thank the work of the editorial team, who have been so supportive of my column.
Partly, this decision has to do with the arrival of a new Archbishop. Justin Welby is a good man, and will, I expect, make a fine leader of the Church. But his moral opposition to homosexuality remains a massive problem for me - as was that of his predecessor. I do not want to spend my time getting angry with him, or continually being ashamed at the Church of which I am, and will always try to remain, a part.
Yeah, it’s tough to always be at odds with people who are so rude that they won’t give in to your high-chair spoon-banging and transform your church into a handmaiden for the secular Zeitgeist.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Interview with Kanishka Raffel, soon to be Dean of Sydney Cathedral
- [Oz] Kanishka Raffel is new Dean of Sydney
- ANZAC Day - Learning from a Futile Battle
- GAFCON Primates’ Communiqué April 2015
- BREAKING: Good Friday Statement from Archbishop Eliud of Kenya
- Nigerian bishop to be the Anglican Communion’s next Secretary General
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Ashley Null
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.