Pope Benedict XVI Announces His Resignation At End of Month
Deeply saddened to see this. He was a great pope—respected by those who love the Gospel and hated and feared by revisionist activists.
However, in today’s world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me. For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- LifeSite: Cardinal Burke says statement from Pope Francis… is ‘long overdue’
- American decadence plus Mexican fatalism equals terror, tyranny
- The Gospel, the Gospels and Rome - Where Do We Draw the Line?
- The Worst Kind of Willful Ignorance
- On Being Offended and Taking Offense
- Sheepish Works
- Responding to a Friend’s Conversion
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.