Gov. Bobby Jindal calls for elimination of all Louisiana income and corporate taxes
I am really liking the moves of a few states to enact a “red state model” for their own state’s renewal, in the absence of any fiscal prudence or restraint by our national government. If our country goes to pot, at least a few states might be salvaged and become more healthy and functional.
From the Times-Picayune, where there is more:
Gov. Bobby Jindal is proposing to eliminate Louisiana’s income and corporate taxes and pay for those cuts with increased sales taxes, the governor’s office confirmed Thursday. The governor’s office has not yet provided the details of the plan.
“The bottom line is that for too long, Louisiana’s workers and small businesses have suffered from having a state tax structure that is too complex and that holds back economic prosperity,” Jindal said in a statement released by his office. “It’s time to change that so people can keep more of their own money and foster an environment where businesses want to invest and create good-paying jobs.”
Jindal said the plan would be revenue-neutral and that the goal would be to keep sales taxes “as low and flat as possible.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Christianity in Public Debate? 2 - vox populi, vox Dei?
- Christianity in Public Debate? 1 - the rejection of democracy
- So NOW Putin keeps his shirt on?
- War weary US House passes Resolution that’s sketchy on how to stop genocidal ISIS
- Elie Wiesel ad compares Hamas use of human shields to Moloch worship
- We have the right to offend one another, so deal
- Your tax dollars AND church offerings at work in TEC
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.