The writing is on the wall I think. The Archbishop of Canterbury will link the ACNA’s communion recognition to the ACNA’s willingness to participate in his “reconciliation” process. “Reconcile with the Episcopal Church and you will be rewarded with a place at my table.”
The question, I think, will be whether or not the ACNA bishops possess the fidelity to refuse the lure and stand firm. I think they do and pray they will.
If they don’t - and this is predictive not a declaration - then the ACNA will begin to come undone.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Exclusive: Bishop Iker on the Anglo-Catholic/Evangelical Divide
- BREAKING: ACNA Bishops’ Statement on Nashotah House Crisis
- Reconciliation called: it wants its identity back
- Nashotah House and “Equal Time”
- Welby: Shannon Johnston Was Consulted about Baucum and Approves ... so it’s OK
- CANA Bishop helps host Syrian Christian Leaders in U.S. visit
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.