The writing is on the wall I think. The Archbishop of Canterbury will link the ACNA’s communion recognition to the ACNA’s willingness to participate in his “reconciliation” process. “Reconcile with the Episcopal Church and you will be rewarded with a place at my table.”
The question, I think, will be whether or not the ACNA bishops possess the fidelity to refuse the lure and stand firm. I think they do and pray they will.
If they don’t - and this is predictive not a declaration - then the ACNA will begin to come undone.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Bishop Ken Short’s Funeral - Livestream
- GAFCON and Global South Primates Issue Joint Statement
- Sydney Anglican Synod Motion on Anglican Communion
- Is the ACNA Part of the Anglican Communion?
- Diocese of NW Australia Recognises ACNA as “a member church of the Anglican Communion”
- The GAFCON/FCA Tea Party
- The Unraveling of the Anglican Communion
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.