The writing is on the wall I think. The Archbishop of Canterbury will link the ACNA’s communion recognition to the ACNA’s willingness to participate in his “reconciliation” process. “Reconcile with the Episcopal Church and you will be rewarded with a place at my table.”
The question, I think, will be whether or not the ACNA bishops possess the fidelity to refuse the lure and stand firm. I think they do and pray they will.
If they don’t - and this is predictive not a declaration - then the ACNA will begin to come undone.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- We have the right to offend one another, so deal
- Getting to Know: Bishop Julian Dobbs
- A Reminder: Do Not Fear
- Joel Wilhelm Silenced?
- Archbishop Beach and the Charismatic Gifts
- Breaking: A New Archbishop has been Elected, Foley Beach
- OPEN THREAD BLOG RETIREMENT PARTY: What are your favorite character traits of Archbishop Duncan?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.