The writing is on the wall I think. The Archbishop of Canterbury will link the ACNA’s communion recognition to the ACNA’s willingness to participate in his “reconciliation” process. “Reconcile with the Episcopal Church and you will be rewarded with a place at my table.”
The question, I think, will be whether or not the ACNA bishops possess the fidelity to refuse the lure and stand firm. I think they do and pray they will.
If they don’t - and this is predictive not a declaration - then the ACNA will begin to come undone.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- A Living Text: PEARUSA to Integrate Fully Into the ACNA
- Primates’ Meeting: It Still All Comes Down to What Welby Will Do
- Finally! An Anglican Post
- The Joy And Necessity of A Good Fight
- Disagreement w/ EpiscoLeft = “homicide by a motor vehicle while impaired”
- Failure of TEC LGBT Strategy in One Easy Blog
- Statement of St. James’ (Anglican) Rector on TEC Fire Sale
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.