The writing is on the wall I think. The Archbishop of Canterbury will link the ACNA’s communion recognition to the ACNA’s willingness to participate in his “reconciliation” process. “Reconcile with the Episcopal Church and you will be rewarded with a place at my table.”
The question, I think, will be whether or not the ACNA bishops possess the fidelity to refuse the lure and stand firm. I think they do and pray they will.
If they don’t - and this is predictive not a declaration - then the ACNA will begin to come undone.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- The Sufficiency of Scripture
- GAFCON Primates Issue Communiqué - “A Global Family of Authentic Anglicans”
- [CofE] Controversial Chapel Invitation Brings Tensions to Wycliffe Hall Oxford
- This is the Primates 2016 Review You Are Looking For
- Iron Sharpens Iron interview on Anglicanism past, present and future
- On the Death of the Anglican Communion
- EXCLUSIVE: Should I Stay Or Should I Go? Why the GAFCON Primates Chose to Thrash it Out
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.