Reconciliation minded TEC Bishop sues his South Carolina brother in Christ
Yep. Sweet ol’ pastoral grandpa Bishop vonRosenburg is suing Bishop Lawrence over who gets to keep the “Episcopal Church: We’re Here For You” signs. And he’s going to Federal Court where you can find some ideological judge who won’t be bound by legal precedents in South Carolina.
Bishop vonRosenberg asks the court to declare that he is the rightful bishop of the Diocese of South Carolina, and to restore the diocese’s “marks, names, and symbols” to the reorganized diocese he leads. The lawsuit seeks to override state circuit judge Diane S. Goodstein’s injunction that gives control of those marks, names, and symbols to the diocese led by Bishop Lawrence.
There’s a copy of the complaint at the link.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Athanasius and Goebbels - random thoughts on “narratives”
- BREAKING: HEATHER COOK RESIGNS
- Nominees for Bishop of Dallas
- THE PB CANDIDATES (Did they follow Stand Firm or do we just guess well?)
- OPEN THREAD: Your Predictions On Who Will Be On the Presiding Bishop Nominations List [out tomorrow]
- [Updated with comment from former parishioner] Western Louisiana Update—Reports & Thoughts
- [Bumped] Promises, Promises: What Now for the Loyal Opposition in Mississippi?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.