Reconciliation minded TEC Bishop sues his South Carolina brother in Christ
Yep. Sweet ol’ pastoral grandpa Bishop vonRosenburg is suing Bishop Lawrence over who gets to keep the “Episcopal Church: We’re Here For You” signs. And he’s going to Federal Court where you can find some ideological judge who won’t be bound by legal precedents in South Carolina.
Bishop vonRosenberg asks the court to declare that he is the rightful bishop of the Diocese of South Carolina, and to restore the diocese’s “marks, names, and symbols” to the reorganized diocese he leads. The lawsuit seeks to override state circuit judge Diane S. Goodstein’s injunction that gives control of those marks, names, and symbols to the diocese led by Bishop Lawrence.
There’s a copy of the complaint at the link.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Decision Expected Soon in South Carolina Case
- The Genderbread Person
- Is a Church that Sues Itself a Church?
- Does Religion Cause War, Or Just Come Along for the Ride?
- Atlanta Punishes Fire Chief for Expressing HIs Religious Views
- ECUSA Denied Leave to Appeal in Quincy Case
- Ephraim Radner on Why I Changed My Mind on Civil Marriage
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.