Reconciliation minded TEC Bishop sues his South Carolina brother in Christ
Yep. Sweet ol’ pastoral grandpa Bishop vonRosenburg is suing Bishop Lawrence over who gets to keep the “Episcopal Church: We’re Here For You” signs. And he’s going to Federal Court where you can find some ideological judge who won’t be bound by legal precedents in South Carolina.
Bishop vonRosenberg asks the court to declare that he is the rightful bishop of the Diocese of South Carolina, and to restore the diocese’s “marks, names, and symbols” to the reorganized diocese he leads. The lawsuit seeks to override state circuit judge Diane S. Goodstein’s injunction that gives control of those marks, names, and symbols to the diocese led by Bishop Lawrence.
There’s a copy of the complaint at the link.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Islamic State Destroys Oldest Christian Monastery in Iraq
- Iron Sharpens Iron interview on Anglicanism past, present and future
- Dawkins Defense of Christianity
- Primates Meeting - Little Progress and a Very Little Procession
- The Star of Bethlehem and the Nativity
- Jesus is Trending!
- A Village of Parents
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.