The Bottom Line in the Truro Affair
Some recent correspondence has sharpened my thinking on this. Here’s the key issue as concisely as I can put it.
Either Shannon Johnston is a false teacher or he is not. Either the issue over which Truro split from Virginia is a gospel matter or it is not.
If it is the former then it is outrageous that Truro/Baucum should all promote Johnston in any way at all. If it is the latter then Truro/Baucum ought to repent of splitting over a secondary matter and return to TEC.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina Resolution: Response to Offer of Provisional Primatial Oversight
- A Modest Proposal to Reform ECUSA (I)
- Rev. Rod Bower of Gosford: Jesus Didn’t Die for Our Sins and Atheists can be “Kingdom People”
- Meanwhile, in a parallel Episcopalian universe
- NJ teen an icon of the PB, legal team and their enablers?
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- How to Speak Postmodernism - A Guide for all Theological Liberals
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.