The Bottom Line in the Truro Affair
Some recent correspondence has sharpened my thinking on this. Here’s the key issue as concisely as I can put it.
Either Shannon Johnston is a false teacher or he is not. Either the issue over which Truro split from Virginia is a gospel matter or it is not.
If it is the former then it is outrageous that Truro/Baucum should all promote Johnston in any way at all. If it is the latter then Truro/Baucum ought to repent of splitting over a secondary matter and return to TEC.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Poetic Justice for the Bishop of Los Angeles
- Five Predictions About Presiding Bishop-Elect Curry
- Here’s an oasis in the midst of all the crazy bad news
- Trouble Ahead for US Churches?
- Bristol Palin pregnant out of wedlock again
- [CofE] Buckinghamshire Anglo-Catholic Clergy join Evangelicals in Protesting against Bp Alan Wilson
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.