The Bottom Line in the Truro Affair
Some recent correspondence has sharpened my thinking on this. Here’s the key issue as concisely as I can put it.
Either Shannon Johnston is a false teacher or he is not. Either the issue over which Truro split from Virginia is a gospel matter or it is not.
If it is the former then it is outrageous that Truro/Baucum should all promote Johnston in any way at all. If it is the latter then Truro/Baucum ought to repent of splitting over a secondary matter and return to TEC.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- GAFCON Primates Issue Communiqué - “A Global Family of Authentic Anglicans”
- A Well-Aimed Blast at the Communion-Wreckers
- How Legalism Has Destroyed the Communion
- The Case of the Felonious Priest
- +Bruno’s Conflict of Interest Is Now Public
- Wycliffe Hall Principal Writes “to put the record straight”
- [CofE] Statement from Diocese of Manchester on “Trans Jesus” Play
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.