The Bottom Line in the Truro Affair
Some recent correspondence has sharpened my thinking on this. Here’s the key issue as concisely as I can put it.
Either Shannon Johnston is a false teacher or he is not. Either the issue over which Truro split from Virginia is a gospel matter or it is not.
If it is the former then it is outrageous that Truro/Baucum should all promote Johnston in any way at all. If it is the latter then Truro/Baucum ought to repent of splitting over a secondary matter and return to TEC.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- There is one God and this guy is his Twitter!
- Dude! We can bring back heresy trials!
- California State Universities Fight “Islamophobia,” stoke Contempt for Christians
- Dr. Mohler: The Osteen Predicament—Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel
- Why Bishop Martins Is Not Going to the HOB Meeting in Taiwan
- Bow the Knee to Hugo
- Episcopal Task Force has a “word” about bureaucracy, decline
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.