Peace and justice advance as Libya rounds up and tortures Christians
The February pogrom appears to have targeted Egyptians working in Libya. They were charged with proselytizing, which seems to mean that they had Bibles and prayer cards with them.
According to a source from Egypt’s Coptic Church, a group of Salafist Muslims attacked a church in Benghazi this week and detained roughly 100 Egyptian Copts working in the country.
The detained Copts had been tortured by their captors, who had also shaved their heads and used acid to burn off the crosses tattooed on their wrists, the source – who preferred anonymity – told Ahram Online.
That tugs at my heart. I learned about the Coptic cross tattoo when I lived in L.A. An Episcopal priest there arranged for a Coptic congregation to worship in his church. One of the ways they thanked him was to offer the tattoo, which he continues to wear on his forearm.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Bow to the god of Gay, Or Else
- Your tax dollars AND church offerings at work in TEC
- Time for Christians to Get Out of Federal Contracting
- Islam in the News: Threatening Christians and Cutting off Hands
- Abortion Now, Abortion Tomorrow, Abortion Forever
- Senate Stands for Religious Liberty, Left Has Hissy Fit
- Matthew 25 responses to the border meltdown - UPDATE
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.