No Communion for Pro-Abortion Politicians?
In the Aparecida Document, a document that represents a joint statement by Latin American church leaders but presented by Francis in 2007, the leaders stated, “we should commit ourselves to ‘eucharistic coherence,’ that is, we should be conscious that people cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act or speak against the commandments, in particular when abortions, euthanasia, and other serious crimes against life and family are facilitated. This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Hollywood Cheers for Culture of Death
- Has America Sold Her Christian Soul?
- Tolerance. A Thing of the Past?
- California Requires Pregnancy Centers to Notify Mothers of Abortion Options
- Ben Carson on Abortion
- Planned Parenthood to Stop Selling Baby Parts
- RC Archbishop Calls For Supporters of Same Sex Marriage to Refrain from Communion
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.