No Communion for Pro-Abortion Politicians?
In the Aparecida Document, a document that represents a joint statement by Latin American church leaders but presented by Francis in 2007, the leaders stated, “we should commit ourselves to ‘eucharistic coherence,’ that is, we should be conscious that people cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act or speak against the commandments, in particular when abortions, euthanasia, and other serious crimes against life and family are facilitated. This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Are Your State Dollars Paying for Abortion?
- University Moves to Fire Professor Over Conservative Views
- New App Funded by Tax Dollars Connects Teens to Birth Control & Sexuality Education
- Antonin Scalia, RIP
- Commercial Dares to Portray Unborn as Human
- On Attempts to Rewrite the Bible
- Purveyors of Death Seek to Up the Ante
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.