No Communion for Pro-Abortion Politicians?
In the Aparecida Document, a document that represents a joint statement by Latin American church leaders but presented by Francis in 2007, the leaders stated, “we should commit ourselves to ‘eucharistic coherence,’ that is, we should be conscious that people cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act or speak against the commandments, in particular when abortions, euthanasia, and other serious crimes against life and family are facilitated. This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- A (Formerly Anglo-)Catholic on the Anglican Flaw
- Culture of Death Doing What It Does Best
- Ohio State U. research challenges Obamacare assumption
- Step Away From the Encyclical, and Nobody Gets Hurt
- The Authoritarian Dan Savage - “Compulsory Abortion for 30 Years”
- Evangelical and Roman Catholic Apologists Debate Sola Scriptura
- One final 31 October thought
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.