No Communion for Pro-Abortion Politicians?
In the Aparecida Document, a document that represents a joint statement by Latin American church leaders but presented by Francis in 2007, the leaders stated, “we should commit ourselves to ‘eucharistic coherence,’ that is, we should be conscious that people cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act or speak against the commandments, in particular when abortions, euthanasia, and other serious crimes against life and family are facilitated. This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- You know that abortion/capital punishment symmetry argument?
- Smoking while pregnant and 2 + 2 = whatever
- When Athletic Directors Do Theology
- If he can choose his gender, why not this identity?
- Is Anglicanism “Catholic Lite”?
- WARNING: RC Liturgical Dance Can’t Be Unseen
- Episcopalians for Death updates
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.