Truro: it’s the Branding that Bugs Me
If a church toilet gets blocked, a rector might well grab a plunger and deal with the problem. Said rector would not, we hope, go around the AC hawking “a model for servant leadership.”
The Truro situation would be less vexing if Truro ACNA and DioVA TEC simply called their interactions “gracious separation.” Folks have been arguing, praying and seeking for that term to become a reality. It seems apt to the basics of what is going on there - giving one another time and space to separate, to cease from litigation and name calling, and…
Well, that’s a big “and.” It should read, “...and finally walk apart to get on with their mutually exclusive truth claims and efforts.”
Instead, they’ve gone with the “reconciliation” brand, and gone global with it, pitching stuff that sounds too much like ongoing collaboration rather than gracious separation.
That’s all I got. There appears to be a carpet stain in my office and I need to have the sexton check a condensation problem in a pipe. Will announce more as he and I live into this exercise in mutual ministry. In fact, if your parish or diocese might be interested…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Pay Day Lenders From Atlanta Send Fake “Christian” Ministry to Harass South Dakotans
- Look! A squirrel! (Sermon on John 6:1-21)
- Final Judgment Entered in Fort Worth Case
- Planned Parenthood, Pay Day Lenders, and How I’m Praying These Days
- Another Biblical battlefront - you can give fire support
- Busting Paltry Prayer Time
- Charges Filed against +Bruno by Clergy and Parishioners
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.