So, you want theocracy?
It’s my question for folks who write stuff like this,
Many Argentines remain angry over the church’s acknowledged failure to confront a regime that was kidnapping and killing thousands of people as it sought to eliminate “subversive elements” in society.
What do you mean by “confront”? Are you saying that the church should have “done something” about the government?
“Well, no. But they should have ‘raised consciousness.’”
Would you say that if the church issued a statement like, “Poverty is bad”? No, you would be harumphing about the church’s empty words and demanding ack-shun.
Same standard about abortion? Usury? Porn? Confiscatory taxation?
Can you please give me your list of situations in which the church should run the world?
A great many people, inside of the church and out, are like the fellow in this coming Sunday’s Gospel, spouting high sounding agendas and expecting the Lord to serve them. But the Lord is ultimately expendable in their earth bound master plan.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Abandoning the Search for the Gay Gene and Embracing Choice
- ACNA Primate: Don’t sign marriage pledge for now
- UK “journalists” distort study to advocate for LGBT church
- One Black Episcopalian on Ferguson
- The Marriage Pledge and the Libertarian Solution to the Marriage Debate
- Liberal Activists & Social Media “Firestorms”
- What Values Will Our Children Vote?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.