Goebbels, Pravda, AP, WaPo
In the comments on SF’s post about Muslim attacks on Pakistani Christians, reader Michael D guided me to an absurdly biased headline from the Associated Press. It is showing up in a number of papers. Michael D spotted it first in Vancouver, BC coverage, and at my request found it in a major U.S. daily, the Washington Post.
Here’s the headline, linked to the article:
Again, this is an Associated Press piece. But it was run uncritically in the Post along with other outlets.
Here’s what I sent them:
Subject: Concern with March 10 headline
Message: Dear Reader Representatives,
On March 10th, the Post’s Asia & Pacific section uncritically ran an AP article and headline,
“Christians, police clash in Pakistan after Muslim mob burns homes of minority religious group.”
The headline is pure propaganda. It has no purpose other than to obscure or twist facts. “Christians” are named as combatants - but they are not named as the victims of the home burnings. That isn’t admitted until the fourth paragraph of the piece, which doesn’t even appear until one scrolls beneath a prominent advertisement in the Post’s online version.
Thanks in advance for having a look at this.
The Reverend Timothy Fountain
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- A (Formerly Anglo-)Catholic on the Anglican Flaw
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Ohio State U. research challenges Obamacare assumption
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Then and Now: NY Times Takes up Its Partisan Bat and Swings for the Fences
- Dan Savage is right
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.