Judge: Feds Can’t Make Domino’s Founder Offer Birth Control
Score one (at least for now) for the good guys:
A federal judge has blocked the Obama administration from requiring Domino’s Pizza founder Tom Monaghan to provide mandatory contraception coverage to his employees under the federal health care law.
The devout Roman Catholic says he considers contraception “gravely immoral” practice. His lawsuit also lists as a plaintiff his Domino’s Farms, an office park outside Ann Arbor.
On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Lawrence Zatkoff granted a preliminary injunction against enforcement of the law against Monaghan and Domino’s Farms.
Monaghan has sold most of his controlling stake in Domino’s Pizza. He offers health insurance that excludes contraception and abortion for employees.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- When it comes to Genocide
- Could ISIS Be Coming to a Town Near You?
- Are We Ignoring the Lessons Of Auschwitz?
- Navy Reverses Bible Ban
- The Death of Voltaire. But don’t you dare talk about it.
- So NOW Putin keeps his shirt on?
- War weary US House passes Resolution that’s sketchy on how to stop genocidal ISIS
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.