Judge: Feds Can’t Make Domino’s Founder Offer Birth Control
Score one (at least for now) for the good guys:
A federal judge has blocked the Obama administration from requiring Domino’s Pizza founder Tom Monaghan to provide mandatory contraception coverage to his employees under the federal health care law.
The devout Roman Catholic says he considers contraception “gravely immoral” practice. His lawsuit also lists as a plaintiff his Domino’s Farms, an office park outside Ann Arbor.
On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Lawrence Zatkoff granted a preliminary injunction against enforcement of the law against Monaghan and Domino’s Farms.
Monaghan has sold most of his controlling stake in Domino’s Pizza. He offers health insurance that excludes contraception and abortion for employees.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Ohio State U. research challenges Obamacare assumption
- The Wages of Hubris
- Magical Christians say combat vets’ stress is un-Biblical
- Yo, Young America! You’re STOOPID!
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
- The Price of Citizenship?
- The Authoritarian Dan Savage - “Compulsory Abortion for 30 Years”
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.