Judge: Feds Can’t Make Domino’s Founder Offer Birth Control
Score one (at least for now) for the good guys:
A federal judge has blocked the Obama administration from requiring Domino’s Pizza founder Tom Monaghan to provide mandatory contraception coverage to his employees under the federal health care law.
The devout Roman Catholic says he considers contraception “gravely immoral” practice. His lawsuit also lists as a plaintiff his Domino’s Farms, an office park outside Ann Arbor.
On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Lawrence Zatkoff granted a preliminary injunction against enforcement of the law against Monaghan and Domino’s Farms.
Monaghan has sold most of his controlling stake in Domino’s Pizza. He offers health insurance that excludes contraception and abortion for employees.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Veteran Forcibly Dragged From Ceremony for Mentioning God
- Another Bump on the Downhill Slide
- Priest Seeks to Reclaim Pride from Christian Disparagement
- Genderqueer, Australian Flags, Trump, Baal; Pots and Kettles
- CII Recommendations Include Light Beatings for Wives
- U.S. Methodists Preparing for Leap Over the Cliff
- Are Your State Dollars Paying for Abortion?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.