Judge: Feds Can’t Make Domino’s Founder Offer Birth Control
Score one (at least for now) for the good guys:
A federal judge has blocked the Obama administration from requiring Domino’s Pizza founder Tom Monaghan to provide mandatory contraception coverage to his employees under the federal health care law.
The devout Roman Catholic says he considers contraception “gravely immoral” practice. His lawsuit also lists as a plaintiff his Domino’s Farms, an office park outside Ann Arbor.
On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Lawrence Zatkoff granted a preliminary injunction against enforcement of the law against Monaghan and Domino’s Farms.
Monaghan has sold most of his controlling stake in Domino’s Pizza. He offers health insurance that excludes contraception and abortion for employees.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- ACNA Primate: Don’t sign marriage pledge for now
- UK “journalists” distort study to advocate for LGBT church
- Liars and the Lying Government Officials Who Hire Them
- Making Marriage Meaningless
- Houston Mayor Drops Controversial Pastor Subpoenas
- Should the US be the World’s Medical Backstop Against Ebola?
- Should Ebola Health Care Workers Be Quarantined?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.