Judge: Feds Can’t Make Domino’s Founder Offer Birth Control
Score one (at least for now) for the good guys:
A federal judge has blocked the Obama administration from requiring Domino’s Pizza founder Tom Monaghan to provide mandatory contraception coverage to his employees under the federal health care law.
The devout Roman Catholic says he considers contraception “gravely immoral” practice. His lawsuit also lists as a plaintiff his Domino’s Farms, an office park outside Ann Arbor.
On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Lawrence Zatkoff granted a preliminary injunction against enforcement of the law against Monaghan and Domino’s Farms.
Monaghan has sold most of his controlling stake in Domino’s Pizza. He offers health insurance that excludes contraception and abortion for employees.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Bow to the god of Gay, Or Else
- Time for Christians to Get Out of Federal Contracting
- Senate Stands for Religious Liberty, Left Has Hissy Fit
- The mind boggling border situation
- Freedom From Religion Foundation Goes Full Soviet on Supreme Court
- Hobby Lobby and the Tinfoil Hat Brigade (UPDATED)
- From the President on down, the Left Can’t Understand Hobby Lobby (Updated)
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.