Life News reports that Vice President Joe Biden has made his presence at Pope Francis’ Inaugural Mass the subject of his latest outbreak of foot-in-mouth.
Now, Biden has said he plans to attend the celebratory Mass. He confirmed he will be attending a reception tonight with the presidential delegation to the inaugural mass with American officials based in Rome. Biden says he has to attend “or I’ll lose my soul.”
Biden’s comment came as he met at the Villa Aurelia with Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic, according to reporters on the scene.
“We invited the American cardinals to a reception,” Biden told Nikolic. “So unless I’m prepared to join the Eastern Orthodox Church, as a Roman Catholic, I’d better show up or I’ll lose my soul.”
Based on his latest about abortion, he’d probably do better to go to the United Church of Christ:
In the interview with the Delaware News Journal, Biden continued to misrepresent the position of the Catholic Church on abortion in a way that has gotten him in trouble.
“But throughout the church’s history, we’ve argued between whether or not it is wrong in every circumstance and the degree of wrong. Catholics have this notion, it’s almost a gradation,” Biden claimed.
So here’s my papal fantasy. When Biden comes up to the Pope on the receiving line that will follow the Mass, Francis leans in and says, “You’re a lot more likely to lose your soul if you continue to support abortion and lie about the church’s position.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- LifeSite: Cardinal Burke says statement from Pope Francis… is ‘long overdue’
- American decadence plus Mexican fatalism equals terror, tyranny
- The Gospel, the Gospels and Rome - Where Do We Draw the Line?
- Federal Court upholds TX pro-life law
- Abortion Rationalization Reaches New Low
- In Support of Single Issue Voting
- The Christian Case for Abortion Rights: Writer Goes In Search of a Mythical Beast
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.