St. Joseph’s Day desecration #1
For most Anglicans, saints are commemorated as exemplars of virtues to which we can aspire as disciples of Jesus.
At that level, St. Joseph can encourage fathers in particular and Christian family life in general.
Mark Steyn shares whatever is the polar opposite of a saint. “Sinner” is not the opposite, because only the Lord is without sin. Saints are sinners, too. But here’s a woman who seems 100% unredeemed sinner:
Among the incoming legislators was Mariam Farahat, a mother of three, elected in Gaza. She used to be a mother of six but three of her sons self-detonated on suicide missions against Israel. She’s a household name to Palestinians, known as Um Nidal – Mother of the Struggle – and, at the rate she’s getting through her kids, the Struggle’s all she’ll be Mother of. She’s famous for a Hamas recruitment video in which she shows her 17-year old son how to kill Israelis and then tells him not to come back. It’s the Hamas version of 42nd Street: You’re going out there a youngster but you’ve got to come back in small pieces.
What’s really sad is that folks of the left, both secular and religious, will find Steyn’s sarcasm abhorrent, but see Farahat’s familicide as justifiable. Watch for her in Holy Women, Holy Men.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Pay Day Lenders From Atlanta Send Fake “Christian” Ministry to Harass South Dakotans
- 41 Companies that Donate to Planned Parenthood UPDATED
- Planned Parenthood, Pay Day Lenders, and How I’m Praying These Days
- Obama Administration Massive Collection of Race Database
- Another Biblical battlefront - you can give fire support
- Nobel Prize Winning Scientist Dares To Refute Global Warming
- The Cross Lady and the Man With the Stick
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.