St. Joseph’s Day desecration #3
Think I’ll stop after this one. I’m finding the need to refrain from overdosing on bad news.
Columnist DeWayne Wickham exults in Sen. Portman’s (R-OH) conversion to gay marriage advocacy:
Portman — at least in this matter — is neither [an evolving caveman nor a traitor to the GOP]. Nor is he a victory of the left wing’s power of persuasion. More than anything else, I think, Portman is a father who was confronted with the dueling commitments to faith and family — a man challenged by a tortured commitment to political ideology and the love of a son. In the end, he chose family and son over faith and ideology.
Got that? “Faith and ideology. Torture.” But “marriage equality,” with all of the pc jargon, decades of political manipulation and media propaganda - that’s just family love.
To which the Son of the Most High, raised in earthly kid-flesh by Joseph, responds,
And his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you.” And he answered them, “Who are my mother and my brothers?” And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.” (Mark 3:31-35 ESV)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Veteran Forcibly Dragged From Ceremony for Mentioning God
- Don’t Support the Media’s Memes
- London Mayor Seeks to Ban Images Deemed to be Sexualized
- Another Bump on the Downhill Slide
- Priest Seeks to Reclaim Pride from Christian Disparagement
- ACLU Leader Quits After Daughters Encounter Men in Women’s Restroom
- Genderqueer, Australian Flags, Trump, Baal; Pots and Kettles
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.