Rob Bell Bares His Fangs
I hope all of those evangelical wise men like Scott McKnight and Richard Mouw who castigated John Piper for his infamous tweet two years ago and who (at least in Mouw’s case) assured us of Rob Bell’s orthodoxy feel sufficiently embarrassed. Everyone else could see this coming from years and years away:
During the forum at Grace Cathedral, an Episcopal church, Bell was asked about his position on gay marriage, and responded by saying,
“I am for marriage. I am for fidelity. I am for love, whether it’s a man and woman, a woman and a woman, a man and a man. I think the ship has sailed and I think the church needs—I think this is the world we are living in and we need to affirm people wherever they are.”...read more
The only surprising aspect of this talk is that it took place at an Episcopal church…heh.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- We have the right to offend one another, so deal
- Getting to Know: Bishop Julian Dobbs
- A Reminder: Do Not Fear
- Joel Wilhelm Silenced?
- Archbishop Beach and the Charismatic Gifts
- Breaking: A New Archbishop has been Elected, Foley Beach
- OPEN THREAD BLOG RETIREMENT PARTY: What are your favorite character traits of Archbishop Duncan?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.