Rob Bell Bares His Fangs
I hope all of those evangelical wise men like Scott McKnight and Richard Mouw who castigated John Piper for his infamous tweet two years ago and who (at least in Mouw’s case) assured us of Rob Bell’s orthodoxy feel sufficiently embarrassed. Everyone else could see this coming from years and years away:
During the forum at Grace Cathedral, an Episcopal church, Bell was asked about his position on gay marriage, and responded by saying,
“I am for marriage. I am for fidelity. I am for love, whether it’s a man and woman, a woman and a woman, a man and a man. I think the ship has sailed and I think the church needs—I think this is the world we are living in and we need to affirm people wherever they are.”...read more
The only surprising aspect of this talk is that it took place at an Episcopal church…heh.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- The Sufficiency of Scripture
- GAFCON Primates Issue Communiqué - “A Global Family of Authentic Anglicans”
- [CofE] Controversial Chapel Invitation Brings Tensions to Wycliffe Hall Oxford
- This is the Primates 2016 Review You Are Looking For
- Iron Sharpens Iron interview on Anglicanism past, present and future
- On the Death of the Anglican Communion
- EXCLUSIVE: Should I Stay Or Should I Go? Why the GAFCON Primates Chose to Thrash it Out
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.