Then again, our citizenship is elsewhere
Yes, Americans might be about half past civilized, as suggested in the previous post.
But SF reader Reformed Wanderer passed along a story that reminds me of our true citizenship, which can lift us up from whatever pit the surrounding culture decides to inhabit. Do not underestimate the value of your local church as an embassy of God’s kingdom:
Dallas-area prosecutors said she violently shook one of her twin baby boys. She denies that but freely admits she endangered all three of her sons through negligent behavior. She pleaded guilty because she wanted to get her life straightened out, she said…
About a year before she was released, Strauss-Kinslow went to a prison concert and was blown away by the visiting church choir. Afterward, she was even more awed when the director said his congregation, Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, could help her get re-established after prison.
Strauss-Kinslow took the director up on the offer and came to Waco as soon as she was released. At first she lived at Compassion Ministries’ shelter. Soon she was juggling several jobs and began renting space in the home of a woman she met at a church class.
With Columbus’ choir and the broader congregation cheering her on at every turn…
Go read it and find out the rest. You’ll be glad you did.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- SCOTUS Bends the Knee to Baal (Again)
- Veteran Forcibly Dragged From Ceremony for Mentioning God
- Another Bump on the Downhill Slide
- Priest Seeks to Reclaim Pride from Christian Disparagement
- ACLU Leader Quits After Daughters Encounter Men in Women’s Restroom
- Genderqueer, Australian Flags, Trump, Baal; Pots and Kettles
- CII Recommendations Include Light Beatings for Wives
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.