On Not Being Carried Away With Optimism
Archbishop Welby said in his sermon today that reconciliation begins with being reconciled to God and from that divine point of reconciliation, we can be reconciled to our enemies and to the world. And that is true.
But we mustn’t forget that ++Welby believes that Bishop Shannon Johnston who promotes same sex blessings and believes the Nicene Creed is negotiable is a leader with whom it is right and good to be reconciled. So what ++Welby means by being “reconciled to God first” is not what the New Testament means.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Gagnon and Jean Lloyd: a One-Two Punch
- Sleeping at Gethsemane - Robert Gagnon
- Shutting Down Freedom at Marquette
- Ephraim Radner on Why I Changed My Mind on Civil Marriage
- Abandoning the Search for the Gay Gene and Embracing Choice
- ACNA Primate: Don’t sign marriage pledge for now
- UK “journalists” distort study to advocate for LGBT church
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.