On Not Being Carried Away With Optimism
Archbishop Welby said in his sermon today that reconciliation begins with being reconciled to God and from that divine point of reconciliation, we can be reconciled to our enemies and to the world. And that is true.
But we mustn’t forget that ++Welby believes that Bishop Shannon Johnston who promotes same sex blessings and believes the Nicene Creed is negotiable is a leader with whom it is right and good to be reconciled. So what ++Welby means by being “reconciled to God first” is not what the New Testament means.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Oz] New Diocese of Gippsland Appointment Raises Fresh Concerns
- 2 New Mexico churches bombed on Lord’s Day (UPDATED)
- On Valorizing Gay Marriage: A Response to Wesley Hill
- Love Does Not Rejoice in Wrongdoing; A Response to Drs. Jacobs, Hill, and Prior
- 40 Questions, but only One Question is Needed
- Jimmy Carter, Makin’ Stuff Up
- The Bill of Hashtag
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.