On Not Being Carried Away With Optimism
Archbishop Welby said in his sermon today that reconciliation begins with being reconciled to God and from that divine point of reconciliation, we can be reconciled to our enemies and to the world. And that is true.
But we mustn’t forget that ++Welby believes that Bishop Shannon Johnston who promotes same sex blessings and believes the Nicene Creed is negotiable is a leader with whom it is right and good to be reconciled. So what ++Welby means by being “reconciled to God first” is not what the New Testament means.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- A Well-Aimed Blast at the Communion-Wreckers
- Podcast: Canterbury’s Unfailingly Consistent Claim to Powerlessness
- It’s Not About Tolerance
- New App Funded by Tax Dollars Connects Teens to Birth Control & Sexuality Education
- Former TEC Rector Accused of Sexual Misconduct
- Wycliffe Hall Principal Writes “to put the record straight”
- [CofE] Statement from Diocese of Manchester on “Trans Jesus” Play
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.