On Not Being Carried Away With Optimism
Archbishop Welby said in his sermon today that reconciliation begins with being reconciled to God and from that divine point of reconciliation, we can be reconciled to our enemies and to the world. And that is true.
But we mustn’t forget that ++Welby believes that Bishop Shannon Johnston who promotes same sex blessings and believes the Nicene Creed is negotiable is a leader with whom it is right and good to be reconciled. So what ++Welby means by being “reconciled to God first” is not what the New Testament means.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Credit Where Credit Is Due
- The Pemberton Ruling - Liberal Theological and Political Method Exposed
- How to Take Down a Straying Prelate
- Sydney Archbishop Glenn Davies Calls Christians to Gracious Engagement in Marriage Debate
- Is Obama Warning Christians GLBT “Rights” Outweigh Religious Freedom
- Primates’ Meeting: It Still All Comes Down to What Welby Will Do
- GAFCON responds to the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Invitation
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.