Pants (oops, I mean ‘Hands’) down on gun control
Ever been fed up with liberals turning a policy debate into an assertion that you have personal issues requiring Freudian analysis? You know, if you don’t buy their idea, you must be neurotic? I mean, that was all some of my seminary profs had if you got the upper hand in an argument.
Well, Moe Lane at Red State turns the tables, and it isn’t just skillful word play. He busts one of their propaganda outlets in an act of profit making hypocrisy, then exposes a bit more…
Your average male gun-grabber typically has a deep-seated dissatisfaction with the size of his genitalia: and while many of them sublimate this attitude into a general desire to symbolically castrate the opposition at least some of them will instead be susceptible to a pitch where they will be able to compensate for their male inadequacy by acquiring a substitute. By advertising on a recognized progressive outlet, Henry Repeating Rifles is telling potential purchasers that they are offering a clean and safe phallic symbol, not one of those nasty ones that you can find over at that dirty Fox*. It all apparently works enough to keep justifying the ad buys, so there you go.
It’s all the better because will-act-wacky-for-food/used-to-be-A-list Jim Carrey recently made a gun control video in which he used the whole “gun owners are compensating” schtick. I won’t link to it because it is stupid and, as some have pointed out, cowardly. Carrey riffs on mid-American Whites; lets see him make a mocking video of the Black urban setting, where a disproportionate amount of our murders-by-gun take place.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Sydney Archbishop Glenn Davies Calls Christians to Gracious Engagement in Marriage Debate
- Can We Call Them Anti-Semitic Yet? (UPDATED)
- Bishop in Sweden Proposes Church Remove all Christian Symbols to Create Space for Muslims
- Facebook CEO Conspires with German Chancellor to Censor Criticism of Refugee Crisis
- Settled Science Group Under Investigation
- Forget the Zeroes, Remember the Heroes
- Is Obama Warning Christians GLBT “Rights” Outweigh Religious Freedom
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.