College Offers Course Devoted Entirely to Pornography
“(The course) focuses on giving students tools to understand pornography as a historical and contemporary phenomenon,” Schwyzer told The College Fix. “Students today live in a porn-saturated culture and very rarely get a chance to learn about it in a safe, non-judgmental, intellectually thoughtful way.”
The course doesn’t merely consist of viewing pornography. In fact, students do not view porn inside the classroom. Instead, they watch it on their own time as homework. Assignments include journals, a research paper, and a final exam, Schwyzer explained.
Schwyzer, professor of history and gender studies at the Southern California-based community college, said the elective provides students an avenue to discuss pornography in an academic setting.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Harvard Students on Edge of Nervous Breakdown
- Shutting Down Freedom at Marquette
- The Libraries of Famous Men: Thomas Jefferson’s Recommended Reading
- Do Professors Have a Right to “Academic Freedom?”
- Virginia Tech Cuts Funding for Conservative Group
- Transgender Trouble in the Heartland
- Gay Brownshirts Attack Gordon College
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.