The Art of the Non-Apology by Rachel Held Evans
Hey look, so I recognize that hypothetically speaking it is possible that I might potentially write something that might be construed by some people as “wrong”. And I want to apologize to my readers for those times when you’ve misunderstood what I have written in such a way that you feel that I may have in fact actualized that possibility. I am sorry that you are unable to grasp what I have clearly communicated. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not backing away from my posts. In fact if there are any Huffington Post editors hanging about, feel free to publicize what I’ve written. My last name is spelled with an “s” as in “Evans”. But I just want you to know that sometimes I get emotional and write things at the spur of the moment that are entirely comprehensible and correct but that you are incapable of understanding. So, I’m sorry. I’m only human. A human who happens to be right but a human nevertheless. So how about a little grace. Thank you.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- The Sufficiency of Scripture
- The Tragedy of No Discernment - What We All Need to Learn from the Hillsong-Driscoll Fiasco
- Taxidermy or Truth?
- The Drunken Joy Ride of Emotion
- David vs Goliath, Chandler vs Furtick
- Evangelical Syncretizes with Gaia Religion
- The Anti-Israel Worms in the Evangelical Apple
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.