Too many “So Wrongs” in this Rite
The story is a parfait of wrongs. The Orthodox Priest, Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick, takes it apart from an Orthodox theological perspective. But one need not debate gay marriage to be disgusted with the rude, irreverent antics that went into the service,
The original HuffPo piece (quoted at the Orthodox blog) crows about this being the first gay wedding in the Eastern Orthodox Rite. Except that it wasn’t celebrated in an Orthodox Church, or by an Orthodox Priest. It was put on by a sexually active gay Lutheran (ELCA) pastor at his Manhattan church.
The couple are from Indiana, and came to New York to take advantage of liberal gay marriage laws. Probably to return home and find a lawyer to impose their stuff on their neighbors.
The seemingly dominant partner was (need I say this?) on his way to ordination in The Episcopal Church, but left for some fringe Episcopal group (can there be such a thing?) because TEC wasn’t authoritarian enough in cracking down on Biblically faithful clergy. I kid you not.
Anyway, it’s making me sick to comment more on this pile of steaming hate. Yes, it’s an act of hate. A narcissist (maybe two - I didn’t get much of a read on the lesser partner) sticking his/their finger(s) in as many Christian eyes as possible.
When it comes to gay activism and liberal Christianity, it’s sometimes hard to see where neurotic leaves off and just plain evil takes over.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Egregiously Stupid Comment Contest Reopened
- California State Universities Fight “Islamophobia,” stoke Contempt for Christians
- Dr. Mohler: The Osteen Predicament—Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel
- Making Us Debate Gutting First Amendment is UNFAIR!!!
- Peggy Noonan’s Tribute to Joan Rivers
- California City Mandates Free Marijuana!!
- ECSUA Rump Diocese in Ft. Worth Officially Embraces the Culture
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.