Too many “So Wrongs” in this Rite
The story is a parfait of wrongs. The Orthodox Priest, Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick, takes it apart from an Orthodox theological perspective. But one need not debate gay marriage to be disgusted with the rude, irreverent antics that went into the service,
The original HuffPo piece (quoted at the Orthodox blog) crows about this being the first gay wedding in the Eastern Orthodox Rite. Except that it wasn’t celebrated in an Orthodox Church, or by an Orthodox Priest. It was put on by a sexually active gay Lutheran (ELCA) pastor at his Manhattan church.
The couple are from Indiana, and came to New York to take advantage of liberal gay marriage laws. Probably to return home and find a lawyer to impose their stuff on their neighbors.
The seemingly dominant partner was (need I say this?) on his way to ordination in The Episcopal Church, but left for some fringe Episcopal group (can there be such a thing?) because TEC wasn’t authoritarian enough in cracking down on Biblically faithful clergy. I kid you not.
Anyway, it’s making me sick to comment more on this pile of steaming hate. Yes, it’s an act of hate. A narcissist (maybe two - I didn’t get much of a read on the lesser partner) sticking his/their finger(s) in as many Christian eyes as possible.
When it comes to gay activism and liberal Christianity, it’s sometimes hard to see where neurotic leaves off and just plain evil takes over.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Would You Baptize the Adopted Child of a Same Sex Couple?
- Athanasius and Goebbels - random thoughts on “narratives”
- Your tax dollars at work in Baltamerica
- [Bumped] Promises, Promises: What Now for the Loyal Opposition in Mississippi?
- A Prayer: Going to the tenant in my slum
- [Bumped] Breaking: Bishop of Mississippi Breaks Long-Time Promise, Allows Same-Sex Blessings
- Waldo To Approve Same Sex Blessings: Truth & Consequences in the Diocese of Upper South Carolina
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.