Winter weather stifles true worship
With possible record subzeros descending upon the Northern Plains, worship and other church events are being postponed or cancelled left and right.
One of our regional news outlets offers a “Closeline” so that churches, along with businesses, schools and other public agencies, can post warnings about cancellations or disruptions.
This is a useful public service, but it has a tragic dimension. It can threaten to provoke spiritual despair. Today, for example, there is a cancellation far worse than the Catholic education (CCD) classes or some podunk town’s church services:
I had my costume ready, and was set to brave the drive across to Rapid City. Gone, just gone. Yes, I’m devastated. Or you can just call me…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Guessing Game
- A Day in the Life of Religion of Peace Cleric: Pulverize, Kill and Subjugate
- Bishop Bruno, the Consummate Hypocrite
- Plebiscites, Popular Votes, Principles, Presumptions and Pragmatics
- A Catholic’s View of Episcopal Feminist Theology
- Behold the Sinking Ship
- San Joaquin Appeal Rebuffed by California Supreme Court
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.