Winter weather stifles true worship
With possible record subzeros descending upon the Northern Plains, worship and other church events are being postponed or cancelled left and right.
One of our regional news outlets offers a “Closeline” so that churches, along with businesses, schools and other public agencies, can post warnings about cancellations or disruptions.
This is a useful public service, but it has a tragic dimension. It can threaten to provoke spiritual despair. Today, for example, there is a cancellation far worse than the Catholic education (CCD) classes or some podunk town’s church services:
I had my costume ready, and was set to brave the drive across to Rapid City. Gone, just gone. Yes, I’m devastated. Or you can just call me…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- What Is ECUSA Spending on Lawsuits? (Updated for General Convention 2015)
- Disagreement w/ EpiscoLeft = “homicide by a motor vehicle while impaired”
- Failure of TEC LGBT Strategy in One Easy Blog
- Statement of St. James’ (Anglican) Rector on TEC Fire Sale
- TEC to sell off another church it “won”
- The Episcopal Church: Undermining the USA from Within (and Betraying Christians)
- Sold off Seminary “Manhattan’s next buzzy event space”
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.