Winter weather stifles true worship
With possible record subzeros descending upon the Northern Plains, worship and other church events are being postponed or cancelled left and right.
One of our regional news outlets offers a “Closeline” so that churches, along with businesses, schools and other public agencies, can post warnings about cancellations or disruptions.
This is a useful public service, but it has a tragic dimension. It can threaten to provoke spiritual despair. Today, for example, there is a cancellation far worse than the Catholic education (CCD) classes or some podunk town’s church services:
I had my costume ready, and was set to brave the drive across to Rapid City. Gone, just gone. Yes, I’m devastated. Or you can just call me…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Episcopal Bishop Gives Her Blessing to Abortion Clinic
- Can We Call Them Anti-Semitic Yet? (UPDATED)
- Derailed Theology Leads to Train Wreck
- Facebook CEO Conspires with German Chancellor to Censor Criticism of Refugee Crisis
- Blatant Bias on Display in ECUSA’s South Carolina Case
- On the Oral Arguments Yesterday in South Carolina
- Important Developments in South Carolina
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.