Winter weather stifles true worship
With possible record subzeros descending upon the Northern Plains, worship and other church events are being postponed or cancelled left and right.
One of our regional news outlets offers a “Closeline” so that churches, along with businesses, schools and other public agencies, can post warnings about cancellations or disruptions.
This is a useful public service, but it has a tragic dimension. It can threaten to provoke spiritual despair. Today, for example, there is a cancellation far worse than the Catholic education (CCD) classes or some podunk town’s church services:
I had my costume ready, and was set to brave the drive across to Rapid City. Gone, just gone. Yes, I’m devastated. Or you can just call me…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- You know that abortion/capital punishment symmetry argument?
- Schori: Mormons Are Christians, Too
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Ashley Null
- Tyranny in Vestments
- Smoking while pregnant and 2 + 2 = whatever
- Obama and “Affordable Plumbing”: a Parable
- If he can choose his gender, why not this identity?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.