Winter weather stifles true worship
With possible record subzeros descending upon the Northern Plains, worship and other church events are being postponed or cancelled left and right.
One of our regional news outlets offers a “Closeline” so that churches, along with businesses, schools and other public agencies, can post warnings about cancellations or disruptions.
This is a useful public service, but it has a tragic dimension. It can threaten to provoke spiritual despair. Today, for example, there is a cancellation far worse than the Catholic education (CCD) classes or some podunk town’s church services:
I had my costume ready, and was set to brave the drive across to Rapid City. Gone, just gone. Yes, I’m devastated. Or you can just call me…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Egregiously Stupid Comment Contest Reopened
- Why Bishop Martins Is Not Going to the HOB Meeting in Taiwan
- Anti-Semite Enabling Chaplain Resigns
- Episcopal Task Force has a “word” about bureaucracy, decline
- ECSUA Rump Diocese in Ft. Worth Officially Embraces the Culture
- Jesus Became Michael Brown
- PCUSA: Down With the First Amendment
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.