Winter weather stifles true worship
With possible record subzeros descending upon the Northern Plains, worship and other church events are being postponed or cancelled left and right.
One of our regional news outlets offers a “Closeline” so that churches, along with businesses, schools and other public agencies, can post warnings about cancellations or disruptions.
This is a useful public service, but it has a tragic dimension. It can threaten to provoke spiritual despair. Today, for example, there is a cancellation far worse than the Catholic education (CCD) classes or some podunk town’s church services:
I had my costume ready, and was set to brave the drive across to Rapid City. Gone, just gone. Yes, I’m devastated. Or you can just call me…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Nobody wants to be a loser
- SC Judge Makes Short Shrift of ECUSA’s Motion
- Quincy Court to TEC: “Plaintiffs Won—Quit Your Bad-Faith Maneuvers ... Now!”
- Fort Worth Case Argued before Judge Chupp
- At terror confab, Obama SPOX calls out “Christian militants”
- ECUSA to Judge Goodstein: “We, not You, Get to Decide What Is Ours”
- Presiding Bishop Restricts Heather Cook under Title IV
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.