World Vision Repents
Christianity Today has the full letter...here’s the meat of it:
...We are writing to you our trusted partners and Christian leaders who have come to us in the spirit of Matthew 18 to express your concern in love and conviction. You share our desire to come together in the Body of Christ around our mission to serve the poorest of the poor. We have listened to you and want to say thank you and to humbly ask for your forgiveness.
In our board’s effort to unite around the church’s shared mission to serve the poor in the name of Christ, we failed to be consistent with World Vision U.S.‘s commitment to the traditional understanding of Biblical marriage and our own Statement of Faith, which says, “We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.” And we also failed to seek enough counsel from our own Christian partners. As a result, we made a change to our conduct policy that was not consistent with our Statement of Faith and our commitment to the sanctity of marriage…
Thanks be to God.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Horus Reads the Internet
- John Hagee Plays Israel Politics With Ebola
- LifeSite: Cardinal Burke says statement from Pope Francis… is ‘long overdue’
- American decadence plus Mexican fatalism equals terror, tyranny
- The Gospel, the Gospels and Rome - Where Do We Draw the Line?
- David vs Goliath, Chandler vs Furtick
- PCUSA: Down With the First Amendment
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.