Stick a Fork in It: The Danish Is Done
A Danish prosecutor says a 42-year-old man in northern Denmark has been charged with blasphemy for allegedly burning the Quran and posting a video of it on Facebook.
Jan Reckendorff says it was the first time since 1971 that a person was charged for “publicly mocking a religious community’s religious doctrines or worship,” adding it is punishable by imprisonment for up to four months or fine.
Reckendorff said Wednesday the man, who wasn’t identified, burned the Quran in his backyard and posted the video Dec. 27, 2015 on an anti-Muslim Facebook page.
New national motto of Denmark: It Was Nice While It Lasted
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Queen’s Chaplain Who Objected to Quranic Readings at Cathedral Service Resigns
- Indignation at Election Interference Depends on Who is Doing the Interferring
- Spitting Into the Wind
- UNESCO: What’s the Temple Mount?
- Global South Day 2 - Carthage and the Valley of Dry Bones
- World Chess to Women: How About We Play in Iran?
- World Council of Churches Throws Out Welcome Mat to Egyptian Anti-Semite
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.