BREAKING: Church of Scotland Result
The Church of Scotland’s own Twitter account is reporting as follows:
generalassembly The General Assembly has voted to refuse the dissent and complaint of Aitken and others against the Presbytery of Aberdeen. #ga2009
generalassembly The remaining business (including Overture) has been remaindered to an Order Of Day on Monday at 4.00pm #ga2009
Clarification: the General Assembly has voted to uphold the appointment of Scott Rennie, a man living in an openly homosexual relationship. They have deferred a further petition on the subject to Monday night.
UPDATE: ekklesia have the vote:
The decision the Assembly took this evening was not specifically on the question of sexuality, but about the rightness of the decision taken by the local Presbytery in Aberdeen.
The final vote was 326 to 267.
That’s 55% to 45%. This debate is by no means over.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Sam Allberry - Is God Anti-Gay? [video]
- TEC Minnesota gives local option for same sex marriage
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Andrew Wilson and Rob Bell on Unbelievable
- Don’t Sign the Letter
- Methodist Minister Defies Church in “Deeply Personal Act” of Politics (UPDATED)
- Religions Not Accepting of Everybody
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.