Msgr. Jeffrey Steenson on the HHS Mandate
Recently, the President proposed a mandate that would force Catholic and other religious organizations to violate their consciences by paying for artificial contraceptives, including some abortion-inducing drugs, and surgical sterilizations, as part of employee insurance plans. This is in violation of Catholic moral teaching.
Strong nationwide objections were raised. As a result, the Administration put forth a second proposal. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops notes that this proposed “compromise” remains unacceptable. The USCCB has provided excellent resources online to ensure parishioners have the most current information. I ask that you review these materials, contact your legislators as called for and to continue to pray for respect for our basic right to practice our religion.
As Catholics we are called to live out our faith not simply on Sunday, but in all aspects of our lives, and to speak out on behalf of the truth. This is one of those times as we face proposed health care mandates that would violate Catholic teaching and seriously infringe on our religious liberty.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- America’s Coming Demographic Disaster
- Evidence of Politics at IRS Continues to Roll In
- What Makes Catholics Different from Episcopalians?
- Persecution or Statutory Rape?
- Religion of Molech Defends Late-Term Baby-Killing
- Jurgen Liias’s Move to Rome: A Spiritual Autobiography
- Pre-teen Pedophile Victim Forced by Rapist to Get Abortion at Planned Parenthood
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.