What’s Your Guess on the Appointed Primate to the Crown Nominations Commission [for ABC]
The Standing Committee of the Anglican Communion—an overwhelmingly liberal body as the various conservative Primates have refused quite rightly to participate in the weighted, heavily manipulated Anglican Communion bodies—gets to appoint a Primate of the Anglican Communion to serve on the Crown Nominations Commission. It’s a nod to the fact that an Archbishop of Canterbury used to be the actual leader of the 38 provinces of the Anglican Communion [those days are over, of course, but still, the token leader will be appointed by the COE/UK government.] You can find the list of members of the Standing Committee—including the grossly revisionist Ian Douglas, as well as the priest who believes that God is nothing more than a made-up, human construct, Janet Trisk—here.
The question before the house is:
—What Primate will this Standing Committee select to serve on the Crown Nominations Commission?
Here’s how the game works for these things.
1) All the libs confer privately and before-hand on the best choices—one or two—and I think it’s going to have to be a person who will be a) dependably non-conservative and b) non-white. Obviously, that leaves only a few possibilities!
2) Then someone quietly checks to see if the one or two names that the libs want to nominate are willing to serve if nominated—it doesn’t do to waste a nomination with so few options.
3) Then the Standing Committee meets and the first choice of the liberal group is nominated, and seconded [both speakers have been pre-selected and agreed to serve this valuable duty in as “natural” and “spontaneous” a way as possible]—and then, various libs speak up “naturally” and “spontaneously” approving of the selection. In this way a meeting can flow and surge in a quite lovely way towards the inevitable choice and—in a mighty move of the Holy Spirit!—a choice can be made with near, swelling unanimity.
That’s how the game works.
So the question again is . . . what one or two would be the pre-selections of the liberals on the Standing Committee?
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Valé Mike Ovey
- New Zealand FCA make Submission to Same-Sex Blessing Working Group
- Two Worthy Reads
- [Oz] Nexus Conference Monday 23 May 2016 Livestream
- A Well-Aimed Blast at the Communion-Wreckers
- Wycliffe Hall Principal Writes “to put the record straight”
- [CofE] Statement from Diocese of Manchester on “Trans Jesus” Play
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.