Do you preach heaven?
It raises an interesting issue for preachers, I think:
“When you hear people talking about Heaven, even nowadays, it’s like well, maybe there’s a field and birds tweeting and sunlight and it’s a good temperature,” she said. “But if you think about Hell you can come up with 30 images off the top of your head: There’s demons, there’s pain, there’s fire, there’s grills, there’s a devil ... “
Have you tried preaching about heaven, or heard efforts to do so?
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Cold War Veteran non-heroic reflection
- Reformation Day 2013 - Homily on Justification
- Reformation Day 2013
- GAFCON Day 3 - Mike Ovey on the Distortion of Grace in the West
- Steve Brown on When Things Get Dark
- You’re Holding Hands WRONG! The Relentless March to Redefine Relationships.
- Despairing over “Despair” at the Church’s “Paternalism”
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.