No Spanking! Big Presby Is Watching
Not wanting to be accused of dealing only with the weighty issues of the day, the Presbyterian Church (USA) General Assembly has decided that corporal punishment is evil, and should be disapproved of by all right-thinking Presbyterians. Seriously. This was just passed by a vote of 334-306-9:
1. The Presbyterian Church (USA)
a. encourages its members to adopt discipline methods at home, in schools, pediatric facilities, and institutions (e.g. hospitals, orphanages, clinics, state institutions) and child-care facilities that do not include corporal punishment of children, and
b. encourages congregations to offer opportunities for dialogue and education on effective discipline of children.
2. The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) calls upon all states to enact licensing laws prohibiting corporal punishment in schools and day and residential childcare facilities.
You are duly advised—no spanking!
Having settled this earth-shaking matter, the General Assembly is now going to go to Middle East affairs. Go figure.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Dr. Al Mohler: Can Evangelical Chaplains Serve God and Country?—The Crisis Arrives
- Gary Burge Replies: Neither He Nor Wheaton Responsible for Anti-Semitic Poster
- A Prayer for Niceness In Egypt
- Court Socks LA Presbytery with $400K in Sanctions
- What Does PCUSA Want of Israel? Surrender
- Indoctrination Through Hymnody in the Pluralistic Church
- PCUSA Apes Mafia
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.