If you’re feeling chewed up by the heretics, GOOD!
I know I’m treading on Fischler’s Protestant turf here, but this was just too good to pass up:
Ministers of the Word, therefore, if they would be counted faithful and prudent on the Day of Christ, ought to be very sure that St. Paul did not speak empty words or prophesy of a thing of nought, when he said: ‘There must be heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.’ Let the minister of Christ know, I say, that as long as he preaches Christ purely, there will be no lack of perverse persons, even among our own people, who will make it their business to cause trouble in the Church. And he may comfort himself with the thought that there is no peace between Christ and Belial, or between the Seed of the woman and the seed of the Serpent. Indeed, he may rejoice in the trouble he is caused by sects and the constant succession of seditious spirits. For this is our glory, the testimony of our conscience that we are found standing and fighting on the side of the Seed of the woman against the seed of the Serpent. Let him bite our heel and never cease biting; we for our part will not cease to crush his head through Christ, the first to crush it, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Martin Luther, Preface to His Lectures on Galatians
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Paul Crouch, Founder of TBN, Dies
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Dan Savage is right
- Australia’s First Female Diocesan Bishop - we should ordain homosexuals and the Cross does not save
- Magical Christians say combat vets’ stress is un-Biblical
- One final 31 October thought
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.